In the last few days since my last update I’ve started painting the Nightgamers and I thought I’d let you in on the progress.
1. (Above) I primed the faces/heads with gesso. Some parts are simply layed in with a brush while the fade is a combination of rubbing and dry brushing.
2. The pink here is a light rub. There is also some pearlescent paint but it’s hard to tell in this picture.
3. I added a golden rub in some areas.
4. Here I used a orange brush pen to lay in the paint. The colors of the Pentel brush pens have a wonderfully bright hue. It is quite fluid and the application is very even.
5. I added some more orange to the lips and gums