This is bit of an experiment and I am not sure it will work out. I actually want to incorporate this part of the brain that came with the Bob’s Nightgamer. However, I don’t want to use this but actually a transparent silicone reproduction in all it icky awesomeness… Especially because I still want to use the LEDs that Bob sent me with the whole set.
1. (Above) This is the original part that I am going to use.
2. Here I started to cover the vinyl piece with ZEN wax which is awesome for modeling but here I use it to make a solid negative of the brain part…
3. This is the negative / mold. Worked quite well but needs some more definition. Carving tools where are ye?
4. I decided the brain is not long enough and needs a little extension.
5. The negative almost ready. You can see that I made the curves a little deeper.
6. The finished negative with a little polishing which will hopefully passed onto the silicone positive.
7. The tools. Yes, it is cheap sanitary silicone. The type that is usually being used for bath tubs and sinks. You can use this for molding as well, actually. A trick I learned whilst working on a stop-motion set.
8. Negative with gooey silicone. Is this really going to work? I’ll tell you tomorrow…